Exodus - Fantasy or Reality.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exodus - Fantasy or Reality.

Exodus is a free Ultima Online server run by Sphere 56B and is set in the Mondains legacy era. Exodus was origanly designed to be an OSI server, but has come a long way since then and now has tons more features for you to explore and discover.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

uo auto map fix for black map

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anthony3001

anthony3001

uo auto map fix for black map Empty
PostSubject: uo auto map fix for black map   uo auto map fix for black map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:08 pm

here man this is from the uoam site

Code:

How do I calibrate UOAM?

If everything is working properly then you should never need to calibrate UOAM. UOAM calibrates itself by a magical process known as self-calibration.

Should the self-calibration routines ever fail to work properly have no fear! I will quickly fix the problem (it's relatively easy to fix and shouldn't take me longer than a few hours).

In the mean time, you can always calibrate it yourself. If you are in a rush and you simply can't wait for me to fix the problem (or if you're using an old client for which self-calibration isn't supported) then here is how you do it:

First you need to be running UO and logged in to the game. Which shard you are on and which character you use is not important. Once you've calibrated UOAM, you won't need to do it again until the next time OSI patches the client.

Read this carefully. It's not hard but it must be followed exactly.

Go get yourself a sextant. They're available at most tinker shops. Use UOAM to find yourself one that's close by. *grin*

Now that you have a sextant, use it. (You must not be in a dungeon or the sextant won't work.) The sextant will display your position in latitude and longitude. Make careful note of your position and DON'T MOVE YOUR CHARACTER!

Now, go to UOAM's UO menu (which is only accessible when UOAM is not running in topmost mode) and select Calibrate. You will see a dialog box that explains these same steps. Enter your latitude and longitude in the boxes provided. Note that you will also need to tell UOAM whether you are standing in Britannia or The Lost Lands because the two lands use different coordinate systems.

Now press OK. You should shortly be presented with a message telling you that calibration is finished.

Now and only now is it safe to move your character. You should see UOAM properly tracking your movements. If it isn't tracking you correctly then move to a different location and calibrate it again. (Don't forget to take a new sextant reading.)

go to top

How do I calibrate if I'm on a player-run shard?

UOAM isn't officially supported on player-run shards (which is my way of saying that I don't have the time or energy to test on them all so if I can't help you you're out of luck) but it should still work just fine with any shard that uses the current UO client.

However, it has been brought to my attention that many player-run shards haven't implemented sextants the same way as OSI. The sextants on many of these shards actually return tile coordinates instead of latitude and longitude. So you either need to convert the tile coordinates to sextant coordinates (the Go To Location dialog can do this for you) or you need to stand in a location where you know the proper coordinates.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go sit in Lord British's throne and enter all zeros in the calibration dialog. This works because Lord British's throne is the center of the universe; or at least the center of Britannia's latitude and longitude coordinate system.

go to top

OK, it's tracking me now but it's still not displaying my position. How can I get it to tell me EXACTLY where I am?

Go to the Map pane in the control panel and check the "Cursor Location" box in the "Corner Objects" list. That tells UOAM to display the exact location of the cursor in the upper left corner of the map window.

If you want the coordinates to be displayed in latitude and longitude then check the "Use Latitude and Longitude" box.

if that dont work leme know
Back to top Go down

uo auto map fix for black map
Page 1 of 1